Pages

Thursday, May 4, 2017

news: of course it's fun

I have heard some investors boasting about how they don't read the news; they consider that it is quite cool to say that they shun it. They call it the noise, and go about giving reasons why it is uncool to actually read the news of the day. I reckon the chances are that they belong to this or that camp.

Well, I find them crazy; they could even be perverts obsessed with certain philosophies. Why do I care? Heck, I find it funny that since they have cultivated naive followers, they are able to exercise certain influence on them; and that is pretty bad. 

I don't understand why it is wrong to read the news; there are several newspapers that talk about various aspects of life, be it politics, business, sports, or even daily events. I religiously read topics of my interest every day. Shouldn't one be appraised of the events shaping our city, state, country, and our world? And the funniest part is that the same people who bash news items are the ones who choose to give their thoughts on them on their blogs and twitter accounts. If they don't like news, why do they mention about a particular news event? They do it because they don't preach what they do, a reason good enough to shun them rather than the news.

I almost find it fun to read news, whether from the newspapers, magazines, or generally from the Internet. It is another matter that I do not usually read opinions about stocks. I would rather read the source documents such as annual reports, etc. than hear someone giving any shit about a business. My stock picks are based on my own analysis, rather than someone else's thoughts. It is easier to blame or appreciate yourself than others for results of your actions. 

Opinions on any matter other than stocks, and I am game to hear. I think these people who propagate shunning news and making it a big deal are actually paranoid. I wish I could address all those simpletons who follow their favorites without some thinking. They got to wake up, and start pondering. And above all, they should start reading some news of the day.

The news stories spice up our life. I sometimes even read blogs of those clowns, and entertain myself. Howzat!

No comments:

Post a Comment